Thursday, June 5, 2008

date night

With Daddy out of town I have to get creative. Each day we've done something special, but now that we're 'over the hump' we had a special night. We went to dinner at Max's favorite spot, Ruby Tuesday. All of us over indulged! We followed that up with a rousing game of putt putt golf. Zach - 49, Max 63. Yikes. Right now my eldest thinks he won because he had the highest score, Zach because he has the common sense to know that he just played better...so everyone's happy. That makes for a nice night!
After putt putt we headed over to Rick's roller hockey game. His 'orange team' won 15 to 1. The kids enjoyed the game, mostly just following Rick with their eyes, but their favorite thing about the night was running back and forth in front of the bleachers...until they discovered they could run up and down them! That was quickly discouraged! Rick's girlfriend, Vicky, was there and they played hide and seek in the bleachers. Zach got tired around 9:00, so I took him home and Max got to ride home with a REAL hockey player, Rick. He was SO excited.

As if that wasn't enough, a bear followed Zach and I home (vivid imagination, still scarred from the 'we're going on a bear hunt' song that was performed at Max's Kindergarten Song Fest!!!), so he wanted to sleep with me. Max remembered that we were going to have an indoor camp out one night that Daddy was gone, so we set up the family room...what the heck, may as well, we were all going to be exhausted anyway!
This way I got all of my promises out in one night. We're tired, but I'm looking forward to everyone being in bed by 7:30, leaving me to chill for a little while, then turn in early myself. It was a really fun evening. A little bonding time with the boys was overdue!!!!


Oh yea, and Zachary found his light up toothbrush ( I thought I threw that thing away!!!) Oh well, it was cool for our very dark camp out!!!



































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had an exhausting day...I know how hard it can be when you are alone for a week. Paul was gone to CA all this week too and staying busy sure makes the day go by faster. Love the pics.

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

what fun, i think we are do for a campout over here. maybe this weekend, i'll show the girls your blog and see what they come up with.

The Wilsons said...

How cute. Looks like fun!

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

So much fun at your house, Amy!