Sunday, January 11, 2009

Teddy

Teddy really wanted to play in the snow with Max.


Teddy enjoyed hot chocolate and mac 'n cheese.


Teddy helped make chocolate chip cookies.
He ate way too many and grew considerably.
(We have a huge polar bear very similar to Teddy, but much bigger. I'm dressing him up to look like Teddy and taking him into their classroom on Monday and telling the class that I let him eat way too many cookies. It should be fun!)

Mrs. Pope's first grade class has a 'class pet', Teddy the polar bear. Each weekend one lucky individual gets to take him home. This weekend was Max's turn. He has to take him everywhere he goes and keep a journal of all that he does. We are updating the journal every few hours and we are adding pictures as well (thank you WalMart one hour!) We were very excited about this low maintenance house guest.

The only down side is that Max is so excited that he says Teddy's name every five seconds. "Mommy, Teddy is watching me play StarWars"..."Hi Teddy"..."Teddy, this if Phoebe"..."Teddy, Teddy, Teddy....". I must say that it is almost worth it to watch David's face each time he hears that bear's name. The impersonation he does of Max this weekend is even better. I'd tape him, but he'd pummel me!











3 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

You're SO very creative. Your kids are lucky :)

Spindler Clan said...

Teddy is WAY better than the crabfish I got to bring home when I was in 1st grade and my mom accidently killed him by stepping on him. He crawled out of the little house I made for him (cardboard box) and he was crawling in the kitchen and CRUNCH!!!! Not good I tell ya!!!

What a fun activity Mrs. Pope is doing with the kids and you are seriously the most creative woman I know! The kids will go NUTS when they see your huge polar bear tomorrow! I wish you somehow could videotape their reactions.

Anonymous said...

I echo what your friends said. :)