Phoebe is down right obsessed with Max's hamster, Furry. She doesn't seem to want to eat him, just play with him. It was getting on Max's nerves so he set up 'defenses' around his cage....SUCH a boy thing to do!
Max has always loved animals, thus the hamster. I always had hamsters growing up, I think I loved them so much because it was a pet that was all MINE. Max feels the same way about Furry. Even though he beat up Jerry (Zach's hamster) to the point he was bleeding and limping (sibling rivalry, even in HAMSTERS, COME ON!!!!!) and I had to seperate them into their own cages. I was a little nervous about letting Max get him out to pet him and cuddle him as much as he wants to. So, in an effort to contain the thing, I put a carpet down in our shower and put both Max and Furry in there. After about 20 minutes of coaching Max to sit calmly and just let Furry smell him and get used to him, he finally walked into his hand. Max stayed in there with him for a little under an hour. Hey, this is MUCH better than having him staring blankly at a computer screen! He was SO smitten with Furry after he let him hold him, it really was adorable.
1 comment:
Awwww. :)
Post a Comment