Tuesday, June 2, 2009

first sleepover


Yes, Zachary is a bit too young for a sleepover, but Sheila is more like an Aunt to them than just a friend. Our kids get along fabulously, so when she invited them and they said 'yes' (I knew Max would, wasn't so sure about Zachary!), we said "what the heck". They stayed up really late, (Max midnight and Zach 10!) and were a crabby mess the next day, but the experience was worth it!
Gamel, Heather's fiance, made fun of David and I for what we did with our 'free time'. We dropped the kids off at 6pm, then went for a five mile run by the lake at Onondaga Park. Hey, it's who we are!!! It was very nice. We got to talk uninterrupted! When we got home I took a shower and crawled under the covers for a 'few minutes' to warm up. I woke up at midnight with a towel still wrapped around my head, wet hair, and a robe on, David fast asleep as well. WOW...am I ever a party animal.
Geesh, what has happened to me?!!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Well, when you have kids, sleep is at a premium!