I can't let this one go...Most of you know that I've spent this week taking care of my grandmother. It has been both difficult to watch her get weaker, and yet good to see her and be able to talk to her...I really didn't think that I'd arrive in time. On my way down David called me with the news of Heath Ledger's tragic death. I can't stand watching sleezy tabloid shows and reading all the smut our there. CNN reports his death as an apparent accidental overdose of a 'dangerous sleep aid' that was prescribed to him. I know I sound like a nut, but I had to post my own little tribute to my 'favorite star'. Too young, seemingly a good father, always smiling....
See Meg, you should have taken my suggestion! It's not too late!
4 comments:
amy i have been meaning to send you a sympathy card regarding heath. both john and i thought of you the min. we heard about his death. i'm glad to see you are able to get out of bed at least : ) i know how much you loved him. also i'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother.keep us posted on her status. take care
So tragic...take care of yourself.
I emailed you about your grandmother. Thinking of you, of course.
Regarding Heath.. I too, thought of you as soon as I heard. I watch "The Soup" every week (where they do a recap of the week's stupid reality and "entertainment" shows) and at the very end, the host mentioned that Heath had died. He said "To all the vultures out there trying to dig up smut on him, stop it. There isn't any. A talented a decent guy is gone, and our hearts go out to everyone who knew and loved him." I thought that was really nice, and so respectful to say.
I'm confused (and more than a little sleep deprived). Taken your suggestion about what?
Post a Comment