Tuesday, March 18, 2008

up all night...







I swear, the last time we were all together we were talking about those of you who have kids up all night. Always one or the other. I said, "I'm very lucky...my kids have their issues, but sleeping at night isn't one of them..." Well, I should have found some very expensive, trustworthy wood to knock on because they've been hell for the past ten days, and last night was the kicker!
Max woke up at 2am coughing. Mind you he didn't cough all day yesterday, doesn't have a cold, he's not sick, and he hasn't coughed once since he got up, but from 2am on, he was coughing, flailing around, kicking, you name it. He came to my side of the bed (thanks) and I took him back to his room. I layed with him for a few minutes, then got up. With tears in his pleading blue eyes, he said, "please stay"....geesh. So, I did. What the heck, how long will he want me next to him, right? Maybe another year or so of cuddling??? I swear I maybe slept an hour. Oh yea, and David's out of town all week...great.
So this morning, Mr. Rise and Shine did manage to sleep (lucky him) til 7am. When we got to the couch Phoebe curled up with me while Max played with Army men in the other room, Zach still sleeping. I must have fallen asleep and Max must have nabbed my camera. I can't stand these pictures of me, but I had to let everyone see why I nearly worship my little beauty, Phoebe. She's my princess and my cuddle bug that actually cuddles and sleeps at the same time!















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack! How cute is that?? Snicker never would have done that, and there's no way in hell Zoe would.

I feel your pain about Max.. I went to Ohio last weekend (the 7th) and when I got back, for the first 4 nights, Sam kept waking up at 5am SCREAMING for me. ?!? I was exhausted.

Anonymous said...

It looks like we have another talented shutterbug in the family - truly your children - how sweet is that!

love Aunt Carrie

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

I can't believe Phoebe lets you hold her like that while sleeping. Maybe I do need a dog...