Monday, March 30, 2009

you know it's spring when...

You know it's spring in the Davis house when Zachary is rescuing worms from the driveway after a good rain.
For some reason he absolutely LOVES them.
If he finds one that is all dried up, he is so sad.
This morning he is elated. There are easily over 100 'alive' worms in our driveway, slowly wiggling their way towards the lawn. For his sake, I hope that it stays overcast most of the morning so that we don't have to have a mass burial after school today.
If you remember, last year he even requested a 'worm' birthday cake. Yum.
It wasn't appealing to look at (I must admit, I did a pretty good job of making it look realistic and REALLY big!), but it was chocolate inside and out and it was so yummy!
He really is such a sweet soul.




No comments: